Saturday 25 September 2010

Trouser it to me

Your slacks are low and your hips are showing….

The line comes from a Sixties smash by the Troggs, and it occurs to me (not for the first time) that there cannot be much time left for a revival. The title (I Can’t Control Myself) might attract negative comment in some quarters these days, but the resulting publicity would only help with promotion.

The vogue for low-slung comedy trousers has already lasted longer than anyone could have anticipated, and the window of opportunity must surely close soon.

Has no one in the world of popular music noticed this?

Where is Jonathan King when the world of pop needs him?

I can’t find Reg Presley on Twitter; if anyone knows where he is, please communicate the suggestion.

Let’s hope he remembers that the idea came from me and not from a UFO. He would be welcome to show his appreciation. Cash rarely offends.

No comments:

Post a Comment