Thursday 10 March 2011

Don't call me.... let's see if it works

After my recent rant about junk calls, I now know about the Telephone Preference Service. Thanks, Anne-Marie Simpson.

For anyone as ignorant as me, it can be found at http://www.mpsonline.org.uk/tps/

Having signed up to that, I trust that it will filter out all the crap. All I will have to be irritated about then is the answerphone itself. I’m increasingly irritated by the tone it is taking.

When there had been no calls it used to say ‘You have NO messages’. Now it says ‘You don’t have ANY messages’ in an even more contemptuous manner. And there’s no way I can respond. It makes you want to track down the person who made the recording and say: ‘Do you really think I’m worried? I couldn’t sodding well care less. I LIKE having no messages actually…’

1 comment:

  1. It's childish I know, but, if you have the 1571 answerphone service, text an obscene message to your home phone number and listen to it being 'read back' to you in that automated tone. Those Winter nights will fly by.

    ReplyDelete