Wednesday 2 March 2011

How pleased I am you called

I have never had much inclination towards violence, but if I could get hold of the gentleman who keeps leaving messages which start ‘Please don’t hang up, this is a public information message’ and goes on to try to flog me a way of cancelling credit card debts I would punch him up the throat.

The most irritating thing about automated messages is the fact that you can’t respond to them. I have heard the actor trying to tell me about how I can get out of my (assumed) debts about two dozen times now, but he will never hear my cheery response. Even so, I can’t resist telling him how I feel about him before I smash the phone down.

Legislation ought to be introduced to force any company putting out junk messages to include the home phone number of the person who has made the recording. That would put a stop to the whole thing pretty fast.

No comments:

Post a Comment