Friday 9 October 2009

Sideways

How to start? Sideways, maybe. When a new newspaper column is being introduced, it almost always seems to be announced as a sideways look at the world, life, or something.


So sideways seems to be best. I'll be taking a sideways look at things. If you see someone looking at you sideways, it could be me. No cause for alarm (unless it isn't me, in which case there might be).


Things I'll be taking a sideways look at today will include the news that Steve White is selling the Open 60 boat that he sailed in the recent Vendee Globe solo round-the-world race (one hopes that is because he is lining up a new one and not because he is finally so skint that he has no option) and the crazy world of Brad Wiggins (you can follow him on Twitter if you choose).


I'm intending to go into town to catch up with Claire Robertson and have a sideways look at Wellworths, to see if it looks any different from that angle. On Monday I might well be off to Portland, where I will be able to take a sideways look at the Marine Day being organised by my good friend Roy Griffiths ( http://tinyurl.com/ygfkxsw ). There are a lot of things I should be doing instead, but never mind...


I'll be reporting back, all being well, perhaps with a fresh perspective....

No comments:

Post a Comment