Monday 2 November 2009

How is it that...

How can people become disgruntled, when no one ever becomes gruntled in the first place?

I can't say I've ever heard of anyone being gruntled. And if they did find themselves gruntled, the word doesn't make it sound a particularly pleasant experience. Being burgled sounds more pleasant than being gruntled, frankly, and everyone knows that's not very pleasant.

And how is that things get reiterated without having ever been iterated?

If iteration had gone on, a certain flying legend would certainly have been at it, given Capt W E Johns's liking for variety in expostulation. "Cheer up, Algy, old boy," Biggles iterated...

I ask these things simply because - well, I'd be interested in the answer. If I (Dave1999) had the number of followers on Twitter that Stephen Fry has, someone would no doubt provide me with it. In fact, the answer might come from Stephen Fry himself.

But how to get it? I doubt whether following him on Twitter would prompt him to follow me in return, thus enabling me to send him a direct message. Anyone have his e-mail?

No comments:

Post a Comment